The NUST-MISiS, in partnership with the British Council Russia and the Association of “Global Universities” is proud to host the 4th International Conference on ESP/EAP/EMI in the Context of Higher Education Internalization. These institutions are currently working within the Russian Academic Excellence Initiative, widely known as the 5-100 Project.
The conference will take place in Moscow on 23-25 November 2017.
This international forum is dedicated to key issues related to teaching English as a global language of science and education. It is intended for ELT professionals actively engaged or interested in learning more about ESP, EAP, and EMI.
The program will feature international speakers, panel discussions, master-classes, workshops and poster sessions on new approaches to teaching English at universities.
- The role of transferable skills in university curricular and teaching English.
- Content and language integrated models of teaching English at universities.
- Academic writing pedagogy and specialized university services.
- Problem-based, task-based and project-based teaching/learning.
- Professional development of university teachers.
- New products, services, projects, and expertise in ESP/EAP.
- Learn what the new trends in global education are and what is happening in ESP/EAP/EMI.
- Learn what the response of Russian higher education is to the new challenges of global education.
- Learn how teachers are addressing some of the big issues in ESP/EAP/EMI.
- Learn how teachers are carrying out action research and what they are discovering.
- Learn how teachers are turning ideas into teaching materials and introducing new practices.
- Meet teachers, materials writers and publishers.
- Hear their ideas and share yours.
- Become a part of the ESP/EAP community and experience the fun and excitement that we all felt at last year’s conference.
- Paper presentation (20-minute talk + 5-minute Q&A).
- Workshop (50 minutes).
- Poster session.
For registration and presentation guidelines, please visit http://eapconference.misis.ru
Pre-conference activities will be held on 24 November and will have a distinctive education angle. Join us for a day of training sessions ahead of the conference kick-off, delivered by Russian and international professionals.
All conference papers will be published in The Proceedings of the 4th International ESP/EAP/EMI in the Context of Higher Education Internalization Conference. Each conference paper will receive a digital object identifier (DOI), which allows authors to make their publication electronically available.
Enjoy cultural opportunities:
The conference venue is right in the centre of Moscow within walking distance of Red Square, The State Tretyakov Gallery, which houses the most prominent collection of Russian art, and The Garage Museum of Contemporary Art. Also within walking distance are unique outdoor attractions: The Museon Art Park, the largest Russian outdoor museum that includes more than 1000 exhibits, and Gorky Park, which is a premier Russian place for recreation, dance, sports and outdoor activities.
Conference venue: NUST-MISiS, 4 Leninski Prospekt, Building B, Moscow
Organizing committee secretary:
+7 916 927 73 05